Seattle Family Law Firm Assisting in All Aspects of Divorce
At Seattle Divorce Services each Seattle family lawyer believes in resolving conflict rather than exacerbating it. We believe that our clients do not benefit from extended fighting, but rather are looking to find solutions to their divorce issues and move on with their lives. We serve clients throughout King County and the State of Washington.
A Seattle Family Lawyer for All Your Family Law Issues
At our firm, your Seattle family lawyer will assist you in selecting the best process for your divorce and be by your side until the divorce (or other family law matter) is completed. Our focus is on your long term future, which means we look for solutions that will address not just your immediate needs, but will serve you down the road. When possible, we help clients work with each other to develop mutually satisfactory agreements, which tend to be far more durable and result in less trips back to court over time.
Specific issues your Seattle family lawyer can assist you with include:
- Division of property and debt. This looks at both community and separate assets and liabilities.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony). Often one spouse needs help regaining their independent financial stability.
- Child support. Both parents have an obligation to provide for their children.
- Parenting Plans & Child Custody. Learn the issues considered when creating a residential schedule.
- Creating a Parenting Agreement. Parenting need a long term plan as to how they are going to share in the parenting of their children.
- Relocation. Learn how a move can fit in to your current parenting plan.
- Visitation. Create a schedule that best fits the needs of your family.
- Restraining orders. In abuse situations orders may be necessary to provide protection.
- Parentage (paternity.) When parents are not married but have children together, a parentage action can establish their ongoing roles with regard to their children.
- Separating assets for long term unmarried couples (committed intimate relationships). When couples have lived together long term and acquired joint assets and liabilities, they may need help separating.
- Legal Separation. A couple may want to be legally separated rather than completely divorced for various reasons such as keeping a spouse on health insurance.
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements. Couples may wish to make special arrangements as to property and debt either prior to marriage or even during marriage.
- Modifications. From time to time support and parenting arrangements may need to be updated to better fit current circumstances.
- Unmarried Couples. Whether you qualify for a domestic partnership, a committed intimate relationship or neither, we’ll help you with property division, paternity, parenting plans, etc.
When it comes time to select a Seattle family lawyer for your divorce or other family law matter, it is important to find an attorney who is a good fit for you. A good fit means having a family law attorney who shares your values and concerns, who understands where you are coming from, whose approach fits with who you are and how you are wanting to deal with the issues.
If the fit is not right, you and your own lawyer will be at odds too much of the time as your values and approaches pull you in different directions. With a good fit, you and your lawyer should be in sync, pursing the same goals through methods you both agree on.
What Makes Our Seattle Family Lawyers Different?
At Seattle Divorce, we prefer an approach that helps build cooperation rather than tearing it down. Our approach is not just for couples that are already cooperative – those couple may not even need very much of our help! We help couples who are in conflict find ways to become more cooperative because they recognize that will ultimately be better for the whole family. We believe this is important not only to achieving the best outcome, but also to laying a foundation for a successful future. We also believe it helps create a much less stressful and scary process though the divorce.
If this sounds like an approach that would be a good fit for you, a good way to start finding the right Seattle family lawyer is to look though the profiles on our website for the different lawyers in our firm. While we share a set of core values, each family lawyer has their own set of values as well, their own personality, their own set of clients they are the best fit for. As you read through those profiles, pay attention to which family lawyer you resonate with the most, the one you feel you would be most comfortable with. Then give us a call so we can schedule your family law consultation.
Contact a Member of Our Seattle Family Law Firm Today
As you navigate your divorce, select a Seattle Family Lawyer who will strive to come to the best resolution for your family. Call us today at 206-784-3049 or complete our contact form to schedule a no-obligation consultation.