Litigation refers to resolving matters in court and negotiating settlements based on what a court is likely to do. As your advocates, our representation includes:
- Advocating for your rights and the best interests of your family to the court, opposing counsel, and other parties
- Appearing in court as your legal counsel and representative
- Seeking out and requesting all information needed to support your case
- Negotiating on your behalf with the other side
- Preparing all documents needed to secure temporary and final relief from the court or in settlement agreements
- All other services necessary to protect and represent your interests in your family law action
An important part of the process is helping you define your goals and helping plan the process for working toward those goals. Defining your goals is not just a matter of deciding what results you hope for, but of talking about what is realistic, what your priorities are, and what is best going to secure your future.
Advocacy is not only about going to court, but also involves negotiating outside of court. When we can negotiate a solution rather than go to court, you have a great deal more control over the outcome, both in terms of making sure it is acceptable to you and in terms of fine-tuning the details to fit your situation.
We encourage you to take a look at our litigation attorney profiles to find the best fit for your needs. If you are unsure of what to ask or how to look for the right divorce attorney, contact us and we’ll be happy to help match you with the right attorney for your situation.